Telemedicine is a digital communication with a doctor or healthcare provider using a laptop or tablet and video conferencing software. It is growing in popularity, particularly with COVID-19 restrictions against travel or in-person consultations. Some reasons why telemedicine is seeing rapid growth include:
- Travel is not needed, so it eliminates transportation costs.
- If you need to consult your doctor but are not sick, you can do so from work if there are areas where you can get privacy. Employees will have less time away from their job while receiving quality medical information.
- If you are responsible for caring for children or an adult, you can use telemedicine without having to arrange for a sitter or alternate caregiver. It is much less disruptive to home life.
- There are on-demand medical assistance options available if you don’t have access to your regular doctor but need a medical consultation.
- Quality specialists for specific medical conditions may be a long distance from your home. Telemedicine can allow consultations with distant providers without the need to travel.
- Telemedicine reduces the chance of you catching another illness while in a doctor’s office.
- Telemedicine can reduce long wait times when you are trying to see your normal provider in a busy office environment.
- Some telemedicine plans allow you to consult on a range of health-related conditions, not just illnesses. This ability to consult with medical professionals can result in a better quality of health for you and your family.
If you are an employer looking to communicate your healthcare insurance coverage options to your employers, First Day Films can help with our video training series. We create professional customized videos you can place on your server for access to all employees. They get consistent information at a time convenient for them. You can increase employee engagement and productivity using video education from First Day Films. For more information please call 833-422-7332.